Monday, January 7, 2008

I am Free!

Quote of The Day: There are three words I like to repeat to myself: glass half full. Just to remind myself to be grateful for everything I have.
What goes through your mind? as you sit there looking at me ...well I can tell from your looks , that you think I’m so oppressed, but I don’t need for you to liberate me... My head is not bare, and you can’t see my covered hair...so you sit there and you stare and you judge me with your glare..,you’re sure I’m in despair but are you not aware under this scarf that I wear I have feelings, and I do care....!!

So don’t you see? That I’m truly free and this piece of scarf on me I wear so proudly to preserve my dignity... My modesty, my integrity, so don’t judge me...open your eyes and see... “Why can’t you just accept me?”, “Why can’t I just be me?” Time and time again you speak of democracy, Yet you rob me of my liberty, all I want is equality...why can’t you just let me be free?

For you I write this, my frined, I will always be strong, from you I’ve learnt so much, I forgive those who laugh at me, I walk with no fear through the insults I hear, my wish is so sincere that they’d understand me but before I walk away...this time I turn and say:

But don’t you see? That I’m truly free, this piece of scarf on me I wear so proudly to preserve my dignity, my modesty, my integrity, so let me be...She says with a smile I’m the one who’s free

No comments: